I like the T-Mobile ad campaign on the London Underground. It extols the virtues of the Google G1 phone. I guess they would like to sell them. Unfortunately their marketing is far from joined up to their sales activity!
Tough luck if you’re a marketer with T-Mobile
My wife has been with T-Mobile for years. She phoned up to enquire about an upgrade to a G1. She struggled getting through and eventually selected the option for “thinking of leaving” to get a human.
The summary of the advice she was given was:
1. If you upgrade now it will cost you £51.
2. I’d leave it until the new year if I were you as you’ve been a good customer and there will loads of good deals then.
3. And I wouldn’t recommend the G1 as it is a bit big and not all that good.
4. Get the LG Viewer instead.
5. No, I don’t work for T-Mobile. We’re outsourced telesales.
Marvellous! I wonder how much effort went into the T-Mobile/G1 deal?