The mechanic was simple: find the code inside the wrapper and enter it on a website to see if you’ve won. Executing the mechanic is not quite as simple:
1. You can barely read the code inside the wrapper.
2. You have to register with your email address before you can see if you have a winning code. This requires a compulsory age field as well.
3. During a single session a captcha code entry was required twice.
The good news: I was a winner. My prize: another four bar Kit Kat.
The bad news:
4. I then had to download and install special software on my PC to get a voucher.
5. There were multiple requests to accept secure and insecure content via the browser.
6. ActivX had to be installed.
7. Then I had to print the voucher out.
8. And then I discovered the voucher is only valid from today, 6 February, to 13 February 2009. Outrageous!
If the Kit Kat team would like to drop me a line I will explain to them how they could make their promotions completely inaccessible rather than just a pain in the derriere.