Give the questions a go; here are ten of the typical questions that will be used for the new UK citizenship test. The answers are in a comment at the end of the post.
1. Which landmark is a prehistoric monument which still stands in the English county of Wiltshire?
B) Hadrian’s Wall
C) Offa’s Dyke
D) Fountains Abbey
2. What is the name of the admiral who died in a sea battle in 1805 and has a monument in Trafalgar Square, London?
3. In 1801, a new version of the official flag of the United Kingdom was created. What is it often called?
A) The British Standard
B) The Royal Banner
C) The St George Cross
D) The Union Jack
4. Who is the Patron Saint of Scotland?
A) St Andrew
B) St David
C) St George
D) St Patrick
5. What flower is traditionally worn by people on Remembrance Day?
6. Which of these sporting events was hosted in London in 2012?
A) The Commonwealth Games
B) Cricket World Cup
C) European Football Championship
D) Paralympic Games
7. At her Jubilee in 2012, how many years as Queen did Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II celebrate?
8. The second largest party in the House of Commons is usually known by what name?
A) The Senate
B) The Opposition
C) The Lords
D) The Other Side
9. From what age can you be asked to serve on a jury?
10. What is the title given to the person who chairs the debates in the House of Commons?
A) The Speaker
B) The Chairman
C) The Leader of the House
D) The Prime Minister
Answers: you need 75% to pass. >>> the answers