One page biography to download in PDF format: Kevin Harrington biog
Following a five year relationship with Sodexo Motivation Solutions, Kevin Harrington joined Global Prepaid Exchange (Gx) as managing director in 2011.
Gx is the widest reaching prepaid industry organisation in the world with a membership that spans four continents.
Members are involved in issuing, processing, manufacturing or distributing three out of four of the world’s prepaid programmes.
With people on the ground in Canada, France, Germany, India, South Africa, UK and USA Gx recognises that the adoption of prepaid differs from region to region.
Gx works in cooperation with PIF, the Prepaid International Forum.
Director with Sodexo, Global Marketing Director with BBC Worldwide and a variety of senior roles with Sony have provided Kevin an enormous amount of valuable business experience in the UK and globally.
Kevin is a frequent speaker at events. These include regular slots at the University of Reading, Thames Valley University, industry events and Arts Council funded initiatives. His presentations focus on the marketing of brands, consumer businesses and communications.
He is quoted to say, “Marketing is a complicated and expensive way of selling things.” This all makes sense in context where he challenges woolly, vague and vain marketers.
Here are some of the major businesses, organisations and brands that Kevin has worked with during his career:
Argos, BBC, Boots, British Airways, BT, Comet, Co-operative, David Attenborough, Delia, Discman, DSGi, Duravit, EastEnders, Harrods, Hitachi, HMV, House of Fraser, MOD, Noddy, Old Grey Whistle Test, Only Fools and Horses, Question of Sport, Sodexo, Sony, Sony Centres, Teletubbies, Tesco, Top Of The Pops, Tweenies, UKBA, University of Reading, Virgin, Vivaboxes, Walking With Dinosaurs, Walkman, Wallace and Gromit, Waterstones, WHSmith, Woolworths.
Busy with music
Kevin founded Josaka in 1999 as a live music website. This has dramatically grown and now includes a record label and live music promotion business.
Today the main website www.josaka.com has in excess of 4,500 pages of information and receives over 30,000 unique visitors every month.
Harrington by numbers
- £85 million of camcorders sold in a year.
- £1m worth of BA tickets bought for one of the largest Fly Free promotions in the UK.
- 1 million Walkman sold in a year.
- 4,500 pages on Kevin’s music website, Josaka.
- 20+ years plus of marketing and sales experience.
- 11 years with Sony.
- 9% of the UK Arena market with Tweenies Live!
- 5 years with BBC Worldwide.
Brand, business development, business intelligence, communications, corporate marketing, finance, internet, live entertainment, marketing, marketing services, press, pr, promotions, product, research, sales, strategy, trade marketing, training.
Odd accolades & facts
- Promoter of the Year and Hot Ticket of the Year, 2001.
- Marketing Society ‘New Product of the Year’ award for Teletubbies.
- Honorary life member of the Institute of Videography.
- Co-founder of the Reading Fringe Festival.
- Independent Audio Dealer of the Year, 1985.
- 30th great-grandson of William the Conqueror - well, it’s odd and a fact.
Incoming search terms:
- busines advertising autobiography