Clarity in laser eye surgery promotions
If you saw a prize draw competition for laser eye care you may consider entering it. If it’s with Optical Express let me tell you what happens: they don’t enter you into the draw unless you are suitable as determined at a free consultation at an Optical Express laser eye surgery clinic. So actually this is a sales promotion not a prize draw I guess.
I entered my details on their site and got a phone call inside five minutes to book my appointment. I explained that an appointment was not needed if I had not won the prize draw. The Optical Express caller disagreed. So I ended the call there and then.
Personally I felt conned.
So you can make your own mind up, here are the terms…
Terms & Conditions
This offer is open to UK and Republic of Ireland residents who visit our websites at http://uk.opticalexpress.com or http://ie.opticalexpress.com and complete a laser eye surgery enquiry form by entering their contact information and ticking the checkbox labelled “Win free treatment!”.
- The Optical Express prize draw takes place on the last day of each calendar month.
- One winner each month is entitled to free laser eye surgery.
- Treatment is subject to patient suitability as determined at a free consultation at an Optical Express laser eye surgery clinic.
- This prize is not transferable under any circumstances, even if the prize winner is deemed unsuitable for laser eye surgery following their consultation.
- The surgeon’s decision whether to proceed with treatment is final.
- There is no cash alternative available.
- Open only to UK and Republic of Ireland residents.
- One entry per person.
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
- Winners will be contacted each month by Optical Express after the competition has been drawn.
- Acceptance of the prize constitutes consent to use the winner’s name, written testimonial and photography for editorial and publicity purposes.
Incoming search terms:
- kevin harrington optical express