Business Gets Mobile
Here are some of the facts I talked about last Friday at our Business Gets Mobile event.
- Retail sales via smartphones and tablets have more than doubled to £8.2 bn in 2013, accounting for 18% of total UK e-commerce sales.
- Tablet commerce has seen particularly high growth, reaching £4.8 bn
- Wristbands, like Nike+ Fuelband, smartwatches, medical devices and smartglasses will drive the market of wearables further to 125m units in 2017
- In 2014 m-commerce is expected to increase by 53% more than triple the 15% growth rate for retail e-commerce
- We are deserting desktops for tablets and smartphones and mobile traffic is set to overtake desktop in early 2014
This and a lot more was covered. Thank you The Guardian amongst others for the data.
Additionally thank you to: the Hired team for their presentation and kind words, Eoin Moore of XtremePush for coming from Dublin to talk to us all and my colleague Jonathan Wilson from Appitized for his case studies.